About Me

My photo
I'm a girl who wears my heart on my sleeve and glasses on my face. I have my awkward moments, but I also have my awesome moments. I say y'all and I love it.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Money (and a nose ring) down the drain...

Saturday, September 24th, I felt like getting my nose pierced, and so I did. BY MYSELF. All the cool kids are doing it.
I loved it. Money well spent AND it didn't hurt at all. I kept thinking "why did I wait so long to do this?!"
Isn't it cute?!

So Sunday night, I'm being a good little girl, following the directions (like I always do... HA! HA!) I'm cleaning it really good, because I do NOT want it to get infected, when all of sudden it starts poking out way more than usual. No big deal, right? WRONG. I call my friend Danielle (who rocks her nose ring) and ask if it should have a ball or something on the inside of my nose.

D: "Yeah. Is yours straight or curled?"
ME: "It's not straight. I'm scared it will fall it out."
D: "Oh yeah, if it's curled, it's NOT going to fall out."
ME: "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks Danielle."

After that phone call, I was feeling pretty certain I was just over-reacting (which I have been known to do.)
I go to clean it ONE more time, just in case. I'm swabbing all around my piercing and it starts to get pushed out really far and I stick my hand underneath my nose to catch it if it were to fall. Well lo and behold, it fell out, PAST my hand into the drain.
My jaw dropped. I was in complete and total shock that, that just happened. REALLY?!?!?!? I only had it for 25 hours.
This WOULD happen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment