About Me

My photo
I'm a girl who wears my heart on my sleeve and glasses on my face. I have my awkward moments, but I also have my awesome moments. I say y'all and I love it.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

First off, for those of you who don't know me, you should know, I love surprises!!! Well, a few weeks before I left the Lone Star State, a. dream. came. true-a big thank you to Kim English & Lynn Muxworthy!! AAAANYWAAAAYS, it was after the athletic banquet and as usual, I had no plans.....sad, right?! I had asked a few people to hang out, but they ALL said no. But, me being the oblivious little gal I am, I thought nothing of it. I went into the gym to meet with my squad for one last gathering :(. We opened previous time capsules and such. AAAAH, the memories! After laughs were shared and tears were shed, I was told that my dad was taking my car and mom had already left...WHAT THE HECK?! I felt like a real loser at this point. I was carless aaaaand planless. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO END YOUR SENIOR YEAR! Thankfully, Alex English offered me a ride home. She asked if I would like to go over to the Cathey's house for s'mores. HECK YEAH! I was a little bummed that I had not been invited, I mean, I went to s'mores with the same people EVERY WEEKEND. whatevs. We stopped at her house to let her and Caitlyn change. Caitlyn got changed rather quickly, which only meant one thing, dance party in the driveway :). After a good fifteen minutes of dancing outside, Alexandra came outside. I wasn't going to say anything, because you do not want to get on her bad side. I kept my mouth shut, because I knew s'mores were just moments away. We stopped at my house to let me change. I threw on my Donut Shop t-shirt, some grey soffee's, and grabbed a jacket on my way out. We started driving off and AWAY from the Cathey's house (which was only a block away!!!!!) I asked Alex where we were having s'mores and she replied with "uh, I don't know anymore....nobody was answering their phones....." HMMMMM. So I tried texting people; no luck. What the heck is going on?! EVERYBODY HAS PLANS, but me....and Alex & Caitlyn. I still had no idea what was going on. Alex cruised the neighborhood and then got a call; hardly anything was said and BAM she turned around and we were then on our way to Sonic. Well, that was nice and all, but I just wanted those dang s'mores!! We ordered, paid, and left. THANKS ALEX for the drink, I owe ya :). We drove back the way we were and pulled into David's Supermarket parking lot...no sign of s'mores there.....then Keaton pulled up. He said he had a graduation gift for me but wouldn't be in town the next week so I must receive it today; right away. I agreed and he took me to his truck and blindfolded me. He said it was my present. I could always use a new bandana! He told me (kind of rudely) to get into his truck, but he was a lot bigger than I was, so I didn't fight him on that one. I got in the truck and yelled for Alex to grab my drink. Caitlyn and Alex hopped in the truck and off to Narnia we went. I started to think 'this is odd. carpooling to our friend's house....' We drove around for what felt like F O R E V E R, when they explained to me that we were going to our good friend Cara's house out towards Hico. Caitlyn and I danced our little hearts out in the backseat while Alex messed with the radio. After a good ten-fifteen minutes of driving, we stopped. FINALLY! Keaton, being the gentleman he was, helped me out of the truck and lead me to 'the fire!'
Here is where my night got super interesting.
I felt fire and freaked out! (I am terrified of them!) He said it was okay and to trust him. I said a few choice words (SORRY) *and apparently when the words slipped, so did the laughter from others, but I did not hear that!* and stopped following him. I THREW A FIT! I honestly thought I was going to be thrown in the fire...it's awful, isn't it? They finally sat me down, when Keaton asked me the most awkward question ever,

"who is the hottest guy at our school?"

me: "uh, what kind of question is that? I don't know!"

(but of course several names came to mind....)

Keaton: "yeah you do. come on, tell me."

me: "no, I won't answer that. I REFUSE!"

......after about two more times of asking, HE GAVE UP and took off my blindfold.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!

****Sooooo many things popped into my head at that time, liiiiiike, 'why did he ask me that?' 'THIS IS A SURPRISE PARTY, for me!!!!' 'are we going to have s'mores?' 'OMG!'

I can not describe how freaking awesome it was to see all of the people I care about at a party...for me! I AM BEYOND BLESSED! (although, some people couldn't make it :( or had no idea about it; my apologies!) After being hugged from all 37043824 people that attended, my mother showed me something even better than s'mores, A COOKIE CAKE. (Thanks Leanne Jackson!) Oh, and did I mention I got a crown & a boa?!

I was seriously on cloud nine!


I know that was a lot to read, but I just had to share! I would be jealous if I were you :). Thanks again to everybody, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. aw! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, it was!! I wish you would have been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Sweet! I hope my girls have sweet friends like that when they are is HS! I also hope and pray they are as kind as you and Alex and Caitlyn are. You girls are just dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D. Thank you Shelley!!! I am really BLESSED to have the friends and family I do. Your girls will be just fine. They are soooo sweet & very friendly :). They'll have no problem making friends :).

    ReplyDelete